Sandown Historical Society & Museum
The Sandown Historical Society & Museum was founded in 1977 to preserve Sandown town history and to restore the town-owned historic train depot in the center of town as a museum. Today, it also tells the story of the impact the railroad had on Sandown's development by preserving the history of the Boston & Maine Railroad's Worcester, Nashua & Portland Division.
- State of New Hampshire Incorporation Letter
- IRS 501(c)(3) Statement
- Sandown Historical Society & Museum Bylaws (approved Sept. 2018)
Officers and Staff
Matthew Cosgro, Webmaster
Depot Assessment Report
On December 21, 2015 Barrett Architecture was retained by the Town of Sandown to prepare a report concerning our historic railroad depot property. The report provides information concerning the present historic certification of the existing property, provide an overview and assessment of the past and present condition of the historic property, and provide recommendations as to proper repair, revitalization, restoration, and long term preservation of the historic property.
- Report on Condition and Recommendations for Repair, Revitalization, and Restoration
- Attachment: Photographs
- Attachment: Building Plans (Existing Conditions)
- Appendix: Boston & Maine Railroad Valuation Map of Sandown
- Appendix: Property Deed
- Appendix: National Register of Historical Places Nomination Form
- Appendix: Site Sketch